Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drunk Quiet

The other night a couple friends and I went out to the local bar. Now, usually, when I go to the bar in town I encounter a lot of jerky men and last night was, actually, the exception. Because I ended up running into just one jerky woman.

She started off with, "Well I see you have a ring, where's your man?"

Umm... he's in Iraq... you know... there's, like, a war...

 "Oh, that'll never work. I did it and it didn't work"

Besides that, however, the bar was fun. My ride ended up leaving and since I moved to my new place closer to the bar I decided this wasn't a problem.

We walked home. 
We got home with a serious case of Drunk Munchies and, because my part of the house doesn't have a stove, we quietly crossed the bounds into my roommates part of the house which has a full kitchen and proceeded to very quietly boil macaroni. 

Where we then, very quietly, found a strainer (a verrrrrry small strainer) to pour the Mac in.

I poured the Mac into the strainer, very quietly and carefully. 
The rest of the noodles? oh yeah.... they ended up in the sink.
We cleaned up the mess in the sink, very quietly.

While my new roommate sleeps peacefully in her room.


We mix in the powdered cheese with butter, who needs milk? And we carry the pan over the threshold back to my place.

Where we consume all of it. Quietly.


And this is why you should never believe you are being quiet when you are drunk because you are, in fact, not. You are not being quiet, Leslie. Not at all.

There's Drunk Quiet and there's Sober Quiet. They are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment