Monday, April 25, 2011

Grocery Store Fairy Tale

When I go to the grocery store it's usually an in n' out kind of situation. I know what I want... I get it, I leave. But today I got held up because the pharmacy was taking forever with filling my prescription, so I spent my time moseying around.

And as I was moseying I noticed that time spent in the grocery store with me is not normal. I shop erratically, zipping from one side of the store to the other. I tend to crash my cart because I like to do wheelies, and with my new toe shoes I've started walking on my toes, trying to train my muscles for when I go running.

So basically I look like a drunk, head bobbing, pterodactyl searching for sustenance.

On top of all of this I am, apparently, too nice to the grocery store employees. I talk to them, I smile and, like all roads paved with good intentions... it gets weird (or something like that).

The past couple weeks I have began to befriend the little fellow who runs the self check out line. A friendly little guy, indeed. We chat of his brand new, 3 week old, baby and his girlfriend. 





I have a friend.

And not only do I have a friend but talking to him allows the self check out to go faster, when that damned recorded voice goes "the self check out person has been notified to assist you" I get assisted the fastest!

But, in addition to both of us chatting it up when I see him I had, unwittingly led him to believe I was interested, unwittingly led him to believe that I was Dee-Tee-Effe. I don't know exactly what did it... I usually go to the store like this:

But here I stood, innocently scanning over the new movies when it happened.

He kind of... sidled up to me, it was one of those things where you feel them looking before you see them. But, there he was.... waiting to talk to me...

And there I was. Clueless.





Where he then proceeded to ask if I wouldn't mind being his "Hook-up buddy"

I'm not sure where this:
 
Got translated to... THIS:

damn... he was classy wasn't he? I shoulda said yes.....

1 comment: